•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Family Wheeler

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L

Going north Friday with the sundowners (local Club) for a snow (mud) run, staying in a hotel with the wife for the weekend. Thought i would do some diff fluid changes etc.....i find all 4 pins in the aussie broken and a spring missing. Aussie is in new york so i doubt i could get a pin kite before friday noon when i am suppose to leave. DAMN IT

Oh and pulling it off the trailer at work today the power steering pump took a shit so i am buying one of those to. Looks like i will be searching for my spare spider gears tonite in the garage and running it open for the weekend.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
So Aussie Closed at 5pm today per their website

I called at 5:30 and they answered and ended up taking my name/number for an engineer to call me about ordering some pins/springs.

Bill Wright (president) Just called me 8:30pm, told me he didn't want my trip held up or to miss out by not having a locker in my truck. He said if i gave the approval tonite and paid the shipping then 1st in the morning they will ship out my pins/springs overnite and I WILL have them by the latest noon Friday. How and i only have to pay for shipping, so i can enjoy my weekend.

Thats ****ing customer service :thumb:

I have purchased two aussies (one D44 and one TTB D35) And i plan to purchase another D44 aussie for my other axle. I have had nothing but good expeirences with their customer service. Customer Service in the last two years i have noticed has been a forgotten art in business. Glad their are still some companies that appreiciate the customer.

Bray D

2012 UA Ranger
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
That's great that Aussie took care of you like that. Though I hope to not be in that situation, I'm glad to know they'll take care of me if I am. Have fun on the trail run, and be sure to post pics :icon_thumby:

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Munched a Yukon outer today attempting a rock wall.....I have some pics from the trip but load them tomorrow. I do not think anybody got anything from the obstacle where i broke on though.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
At least you know you gave it your all!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
BIGGER
i would order anothe pin kit if your gonna run over 35's on the aussie....especially after 2-3 shaft snappins.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
the 38's were just for this weekend, i have the set of 35" BFGs for now on. And yeah i plan to order a spare set of pins.

I have 30 yr old hubs from a chevy that i run in the front. Just your basic cheap hub design. And that LF hub has now been through two Busted Chrome moly yukons and is still holding up.

Well i visited Rocks and valleys park today and managed to bust a yukon stub shaft in my LF

Here's a few pics from the day

The pink coat in the pics is my wife taking it over some obstacles

And this my friends Finacee taking it for a spin as well

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
Just curious, it didn't look like you were aired down in any of the pictures. Neither is the guy with the other explorer. Why beadlocks?

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
lookin good, what are the specs on the red exploder sport? that thing is sick!

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
I don't know what the Sport had for PSI, but he was running inner air locks and rock rings.

Its a full width 44 and 9" on 38x15x15 (i think) TSLs

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Just curious, it didn't look like you were aired down in any of the pictures. Neither is the guy with the other explorer. Why beadlocks?
The side walls on most Interco tires (AKA super swampers) are very stiff so they do not show pressure very well and typically laugh at rock rash. They are great tires for trail rigs.

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
I ran 36x12.5 SX on my 4 door explorer and it always looked aired down. Just wondering. Looks good either way.

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Mine are bias ply so they are quite stiff......from where we were to the parking lot we had to drive about a mile on pavement so i didn't air to far down and do not have on board air yet.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
Mine are bias ply so they are quite stiff......from where we were to the parking lot we had to drive about a mile on pavement so i didn't air to far down and do not have on board air yet.
reminds me of the few times the trails I have been on dumped me onto a country road. Nothing like trying to drive 50 mph on bias ply TSLs with under 10 lbs of pressure.

84projectFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
my dads are the same way. he has 37x15.50x15 maxxis big horns that are bias on his TJ and he airs them bad boys down to 2 psi to rock crawl and they dont even look like they are! that is untill he rolls over a sharp rock and then they conform around the rock they they are eatin the damn thing in one bite!

the funny part is on my chevy HD if i air the fornt tires down to 25 psi they squat like a SOB. lol i know the front of my truck is waaaaaaaay heavier than the exploder or tj but im runnin 37" load E rated tires. man my truck is heavy

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Vehicle
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
New changes soon....the truggy is getting one ton axles so the full width 44 and 9" are getting donated to the Explorer and the current explorer axles are sold off.