•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Compatible radiators for 4x4 B2?

donzoh1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I figure the Rangers from 1984 to 1990 would work for my B2, at least the 4x4 ones. Mine is 4WD Automatic with a/c. Are there explorers or other Rangers or fords that would be a direct fit? I'm getting ready to head for the junkyard.

IIBRONCOS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I bought a brand new radiator on Ebay for about $53.00 with shipping. Have had it over a year with no problems.

wildbill23c

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
The radiator I bought was for a 4L Ford Explorer, works great, and I also added an auxiliary automatic transmission cooler, that A4LD will die a miserable slow death without an auxiliary cooler and they're about $2400 to have rebuilt by a good shop.

86fordbroncoii

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
The radiator I bought was for a 4L Ford Explorer, works great, and I also added an auxiliary automatic transmission cooler, that A4LD will die a miserable slow death without an auxiliary cooler and they're about $2400 to have rebuilt by a good shop.
^^^^This. Plus Explorer radiators are 'oversized' compared to stock. Running one currently in my 86. Came from rockauto and would recommend

wildbill23c

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
I bought my Radiator at Rockauto as well, great company to deal with. Just purchased a head gasket set from them for my 1991 Ford Tempo last week for $24 shipped. Pretty dang good deal as it includes all upper engine gaskets not just the head gasket. They've got great prices, shipping is a bit high it seems but still a lot cheaper than the local auto parts stores want for many items if you can wait a week for the items to arrive.