•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

Blinkers and brake light

Bonezboi_13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
I have an 89 bronco 2. I love the damn thing 😍 lol. But last night the blinker on the drivers rear quit working resulting in me being pulled over. The brake light has been out since I got it, to lazy to change bulb. Lol. Today I replaced the bulb and I still have no brake light and no blinker. I've tested the wires with my test light and I have no power from the blinker or brake light but taillight works. I've pulled connector off of a B2 out at junkyard thinking maybe the plug was bad. Nope still same thing after plug is swapped. So I again test wires at the new connection spot and still no power. I turn taillights on and there's power but without being connected to the bulb socket the wire has no power while taillights are still on. I have a multimeter but it's with my buddy whose outta town for a few days. I'm at a loss right now tryin to figure this ish out. I hate electrical 😡 lol any advice would help at this point I want to drive my baby lol

alwaysFlOoReD

Blang - not bling
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '93, '98
Vehicle
Various
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0, 4.6
Suspension Style
4wd
I don't like electrical either.
Best I can suggest is to find the colors of the wires and follow them back until you find power.

wend3lrt

Reaction score
Vehicle
Bronco ii
Could be a fuse issue also.

Bonezboi_13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Bronco II
Could be a fuse issue also.
Already checked both fuse boxes. All fuses are good. Think it maybe brake light switch. Just ordered a new one last night so we will see lol