•  

Click HERE to join our forum and participate in the discussions.

1988 Ford Bronco II wiring puzzle

Bruce33905

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
Hi All! thanks for letting me join. I hope i'm posting this in the right place. I just recently bought a 1988 ford bronco II, I'm going to refer to as basket case. it's a non running 2.9, it has a completely new igniton system, all was replaced. fuel pressure at 42psi on the rail. stillnot running. the wires have been hacked into badly, think I have all in engine compartment straightened out. as I am completing it I find the neutral safety switch plug was almost completely off. now another thing puzzling me is there are 3 wires coming out of the harness, someone has attached a trailer plug to it, both the male and female ends. at the end of this is a resistor. the 3 wires confuse me, does anyone know what they might have connected too? there is a red, a pink and a tan/light blue. please if anyone could help me I would appreciate it. If you need anymore info or pictures of this let me know.

Last edited:

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
I'm not clear where on the harness these three wires are located. Can you clear that up for me? i'll take a look at the wiring diagrams.

Bruce33905

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Vehicle
Ford
Engine Size
I went to our local garden street u-pull today and they had a 1990. Turns out they were bypassing the 3-4 shift solenoid. Gonna hook it back up in the morning. Thank you for the reply. I need to hook the neutral safety switch up as well.

Last edited: